Sunday 4 September 2011

Islands to Highlands


If you are in the vicinity of Dundonnell House, south of Ullapool, on Thursday, are able be there from 14.00 - 17.00 and have £3.50 to spare, then there's a treat in store. Lady Jane Rice, the estranged wife of Sir Tim Rice, is opening what has been described as 'an inspired walled garden'. It's three acres in extent and is tended by a brilliant young gardener who was employed at Inverewe, Will Soos. The illustrated blog by Annie Hoff is the next-best-thing to being there. Worth coming back from Islands to Highlands.

Scottish Islands Explorer - tries to be inspired

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are a real treat. What a lovely place to live !

annie hoff said...

Hello! Thank You for your link to my blog. I was curious, I couldn't understand why my readership went up!
I shall be going again to Dundonnell House this week. Lady Jane's garden is so pretty and in such a fantastic setting. Let's hope the weather is kind!
And now on your blog I can discover more of the amazing wonderful Scottish Highlands. I don't know the Islands so well - we've yet to explore them.