Here the pupils at Loch Croistean School, Uig, in 1959. Their identities will be revealed in the June issue of Back in the Day, published by the Stornoway Gazette. Their school was built in about 1875 and continued for just over a hundred years.
Following 30 years of disuse it was purchased and converted into a coffee shop and tea room by Marianne Campbell. The story of her acquisition of the property appeared in The Sunday Times.
Scottish Islands Explorer - every building (and issue) tells a story