Sunday, 10 February 2019
Back in Business
The West Highland Free Press covers the story of a planning application that has been reversed, giving the go-ahead to restore Pier House, Broadford, Skye, as an hotel. It is pictured below in 1900, the tallest of the buildings and called Campbell's Temperance Hotel, from the 'new' pier. This was constructed with narrow gauge railway tracks to take marble from the quarry at Kilchrist. Further insights are available from Am Baile - Highland History and Culture. The 'Skye Circuit' route operated by CalMac ended in 1964.
Scottish Islands Explorer - likes to see new life breathed into the old
Digital Edition: very much a new concept